Thursday 2 May 2013

Spring is here

It is May and I have totally neglected this blog over the winter. I was reminded of it today when a friend mentioned her blog. I'm thinking I need to be posting here again. It's a good journal for me and a good way to keep track of our homeschooling accomplishments.

I still have not conquered the two goals that I set out in my last post in November. That is so sad. I have to admit that homeschooling is easier that I thought in some respects but way harder in other respects. I think I have been too
laid back this year with respect to the amount of "schoolwork" that we've done. At the same time I don't feel like this year has been a total loss. We are adjusting to the new house, the new area and the whole lifestyle of being a homeschool family. We have made some awesome connections with other homeschoolers in the area and also have been taking advantage of being closer to family again.
I'm finally at a place where I can say that I'm excited about homeschooling and can see this being a long term, sustainable thing. I have more confidence in myself and can see the benefits multiplying in my kids. But I definitely need to be more proactive with planning and scheduling.

We have joined a homeschool co-operative that meets every Friday afternoon. It has been a real blessing. The kids enjoy it tremendously.

The boys are done with hockey for the season and are now enrolled in karate. It is their new favourite thing!

This weekend we are heading out to have a mini family vacation in Niagara Falls. We did a unit study on it a few months ago so the kids are excited to see it in real life.


Life is good!!





























No comments:

Post a Comment