Wednesday 12 September 2012

I can do all things

We had a bit of a late start this morning.  Nate has been coughing a fair bit and I wanted to give him a chance to chill for a bit before we started our day.  So while the kids lay on the couch watching TV, I checked Facebook.  There is a devotional that I have just started subscribing to that had a post on my newsfeed.  I opened the link and once again was blown away by how God meets me where I am and puts things in my path that I need to see or hear.  The devotional was titled "stop trashing yourself" and was all about how we tend to throw ideas or ventures away because we don't have enough confidence in ourselves that we can do it.  Hmmm...sound familiar?  It was an affirmation to me that homeschooling is what God wants us to be doing right now.  That I can find my strength and ability in Him.  Here is a quote from it:

•When self-doubt whispers, "I can't do that. I'm going to fail and look foolish." Trash that lie and hold onto this truth: "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:6)

• When self-doubt whispers, "I'll never change." Trash that lie and hold onto this truth: "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in [me] will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6)
• When self-doubt whispers, "This is too hard for me. I don't have what it takes to..." Trash that lie and hold onto this truth: "No, in all these things [I am] more than a [conqueror] through him who loved [me]." (Romans 8:37)

Those are three things that I have been telling myself over and over again about  homescholing...that I can't do it, that I'm a mess and I'll never change, that it is too hard and I don't have what it takes.  On Sunday the message at church was about the temptations of Jesus and how He combated the devil with Scripture.  So here it is...I'm claiming Hebrews 13:6, Philippians 1:6 and Romans 8:37 against the lies of Satan!  And adding Philippians 4:13: I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME!!!

P.S.  Here is the link to the devotional if you are interested in reading the whole thing: How To Stop Trashing Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment