Thursday 15 August 2013

Planning sucks

The title of this blog post is a common phrase that has been texted back and forth between another homeschooling mom and myself over the past few days. I am super excited about the curriculum that I have chosen for this coming year but this is my first attempt at planning out the entire school year. It is very overwhelming. I'm getting caught up in trying to figure out how deeply I want to plan. And how to make the plan strict enough to get us through enough material but still having flexibility for sick days and delight directed learning tangents. And then to top it all off Caitlin is asking more and more each day about letters and numbers. I was hoping to just keep her occupied this year but its looking like she is ready for some actual preschool work. How do I homeschool three kids???? 

Ugh!!

Ok. That was my rant.  I honestly am excited about this coming year and I will post some details of our curriculum choices soon...oh and pics of our new schoolroom which has been moved to be combined with the playroom for more light and space!! 


My pretty planner that I already want to start over cuz I'm not sure about so many things I've marked in it....

No comments:

Post a Comment